Massage Therapy Services Port Moody
Workshop’s Massage Therapists in Port Moody, BC are Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) in British Columbia and are regulated by the College of Massage Therapy of BC (CMTBC).
Every one of our practitioners at Workshop Clinic in Port Moody are trained to provide an assessment of soft tissue and joints of the body, as well as manual hands-on treatments.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Our team of Massage Therapists in Port Moody use numerous manual techniques to improve soft tissue and joint health. They also help to prevent physical dysfunction and injury, reduce pain, decrease recovery time, and facilitate movement and performance.
- Anxiety and depression
- Headaches and migraines
- Pain, including muscle tension, back, shoulder and neck pain
- Repetitive stress injuries
Your therapist will determine the best techniques for you depending on your physiology, present state, purpose of the massage, and personal preference. The standard techniques that are seen in sports massages are:
- Swedish-style massage for warming up and relaxing
- Petrissage (kneading) for deep tissue massage on larger muscle groups
- Compression to assist with tendon and muscle release
- Tapotement (rhythmic striking) for nerve distraction
- Vibration techniques for nerve distraction and muscle release
- Friction to assist with adhesions and scar-tissue release
- Gliding to lengthen muscles and relax your nervous system
- Stretching, including both Active and Passive
- Percussion for large muscle groups like your back and thighs
- Trigger point treatments to help release knots
What Workshop Port Moody Massage Therapists Offer:
- Your therapist will work with you to create a customized treatment plan, based on your personal requirements.
- Your treatment plan will include specific areas of your body where they’ll be working with the rest of your body covered to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible.
- The ability to communicate at any point what you’re comfortable with and what areas they don’t have your consent to treat. You are also welcomed to ask questions before, during, or after your treatment.
- While checking in, your therapist will invite you to communicate the preferred pressure of your massage. If at any time you’re in pain or would like more pressure applied, just let your therapist know.
There are no particular outcomes of a sports massage, but if you have recently suffered from a sports injury and received a massage treatment, you may feel a bit sore or stiff for a day or two. Do not be put off by this as it’s completely normal, and on the third day, you’ll feel significantly healthier. Regardless, we welcome feedback at any time if you’re experiencing more than expected soreness.
In addition to the above, you might also experience:
- Increased Joint Range of Motion
- Increased Personal Well-being
- A Reduction in Muscle Tension
- Reduced Muscle Spasms
- A Good Night’s Sleep