Physiotherapy Services Vancouver
Our physiotherapists in Vancouver, BC provide a hands-on, one-on-one approach to treatment.
We specialize in assessing, diagnosing, and treating injuries related to muscles, bones, ligaments, joints, and nerves. Through a combination of manual therapy techniques, IMS/Dry Needling, Shockwave Therapy, and progressive exercises, our physiotherapists focus on the correction of muscle imbalance, movement patterns, and alignment issues, to help get you back to doing the activities you love.
Benefits of Physiotherapy Treatments
Our team of physiotherapists can help you regain physical strength, flexibility, and functionality and take a functional and biomechanical approach to assessing, diagnosing, and managing musculoskeletal conditions that range from work-related injuries to acute sports injuries.
Common injuries include:
- Back Pain and Sciatica
- Neck Pain
- Disc-related conditions including Degenerative Disc Disease
- Shoulder Impingement
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs)
- Tendonitis and tendon tears
- Sprains and Strains
- Joint Dislocation and/or Joint Instability
- Various forms of Arthritis including Osteoarthritis
- Spondylitis, Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis
- Following Joint Surgery to repair meniscus, tendons, ligaments (e.g. ACL)
- After a joint replacement (Total Knee Replacement, Hip Arthroplasty)
- Post fracture
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries including Whiplash
- Muscle weakness and muscle tears
- General problems involving balance and falls risk
- General Fatigue and Deconditioning
Specific Syndromes and Conditions
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Swimmer’s Shoulder
- Jumper’s Knee
- Runner’s Knee
- Shin Splints
- Compartment Syndrome
- De Quervain’s
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Postural dysfunction
- Increased athletic performance
Workshop Vancouver ICBC Physiotherapy Services
Our physiotherapists specialize in assessing, diagnosing, and treating injuries related to muscles, bones, ligaments, joints, and nerves. They utilize therapy techniques including IMS/Dry Needling, Shockwave, and progressive exercises to correct muscle imbalances, movement patterns, and alignment issues, so you can get back to doing the activities you love after recovering from your accident.
What Workshop Physiotherapists Offer
- Our team of physiotherapists in Vancouver have extensive experience helping their patients decrease pain, restore mobility, improve flexibility and stability, improve their biomechanics, and prevent injuries.
- Our physiotherapists can also provide you with the therapy, guidance, and lifestyle changes that can help you manage and recover from your injuries, surgeries, or chronic pain.
We recommend combining your Physio treatment with the following services:
All Workshop treatments include:
1. A thorough assessment including detailed questions about your pain or injury along with treatment goals
2. Physical tests- including Range of Motion (mobility and flexibility)
- Ligament and Joint stability
- Reflexes, Sensation
- Nerve Tests
- Palpation (which specific ligaments, bones, joints, tendons are tender to touch
These tests are designed to help your physiotherapist diagnose your pain or injury, and then determine the best treatment plan for your condition.
3. Educational time with your therapist
4. Manual therapy ( massage, soft tissue techniques, joint mobilization, Stretching, shockwave, cupping – injury dependant)